Protecting Your Information
At AB Invest, keeping your personal information secure and confidential is a priority. We take appropriate measures to protect the security of your personal information and prevent unauthorized access to such information. Protecting information about you is every employee's responsibility.
AB Invest continuously monitors developments in information security and updates its processes to ensure consistency with industry practices. We are committed to maintaining information security when collecting, using, or sharing information about you.
Beware of Phishing
Phishing is a type of deception designed to obtain and use your personal data (such as account number, date of birth, address, etc.) for fraudulent purposes.
Con artists might send thousands of fraudulent e-mail messages that appear to come from Websites you trust, like your bank or brokerage company, and request that you provide personal information via e-mail or on an illegitimate Website created by them for this purpose.
Tips to Protect Yourself from Phishing
If you receive a suspicious e-mail that appears to be from AB Invest, please do the following:
- Do not respond to the message, or click on any of the links, or change the e-mail in any way.
- Contact us immediately and delete the e-mail after reporting it.
- Check to make sure that your virus definitions and anti-spyware are up-to-date and scan the computer, especially if you accidentally clicked on the link or attachment in the e-mail.
Other Tips to Safeguard Your Personal Information
- Exercise extreme caution when browsing the internet. Only personal information when it involves a transaction you initiate and on Websites you trust.
- Always use a secure Website when submitting personal information online. Look for the Security Certificate before entering your personal information.
- Check your account data and information regularly to monitor your account activity and detect any fraudulent transactions if any.
- If using cable modems or DSL for Internet access, do not keep the connection active when not in use; also consider installing personal firewall software.
Management of Information Obtained Electronically
Personal information received through electronic channels, including emails is safeguarded to ensure your privacy and protection. Information collected may be used to meet your financial needs, improve upon our products and services, measure the number of visitors to the different areas of this site, as well as identify opportunities that will enable us to better serve you.
Website Usage Tracking - Cookies
Upon accessing a Website, unique information may be stored temporarily on the computer you are using. Cookies are utilized for the purpose of identifying and tracking a computer's access to their site. Cookies do not gather information that identifies you personally, nor may they be used to gather information stored on your computer. Should you want to do so, you can prevent cookies from being set on your computer by making necessary adjustments that disallow cookies within your browser options.
How Do We Protect You?
Keeping your financial and personal information secure and confidential is one of our most important responsibilities. Your information remains secure because of strict security measures such as encryption, authentication, computer anti-virus protection, and intrusion detection, applied to our services and systems.
Protecting Against Identity Theft
Criminal activity including identity theft and fraud are more prevalent today than ever before. In an effort to obtain personal information about you, criminals may approach you pretending that they are a representative of an institution with which you do business. For this reason, ensure you know or can verify the identity of an individual or entity prior to responding, either verbal or electronic, to requests, for personal or financial related information. Note that AB Invest does not request such information either via phone or email. Should you receive a similar request, please Contact Us and report it immediately.
Changes to This Statement
From time to time, it may be necessary for us to amend our Security Statement. The updated version will be maintained on our Website.
For More Information